The Contest Committee met on 4 December 2015 at the Teachers' Training Centre in Koszalin to select the winners of the Contest for the Best Scenario of Classes, based on biodiversity topics, for students attending primary and middle schools under the motto "Live, Learn, Develop – Protect Biodiversity”, held as part of the project "Protection of Biodiversity and Ecosystems in the Parsęta River Basin through Education of Kids and Youth” co-financed from the funds managed by the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism for the years 2009-2014 and the Voivodeship Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management in Szczecin.
34 teachers from the Zachodniopomorskie province entered the contest!
The Committee, applying the criteria defined in the contest regulations, decided to grant the following awards and distinctions:
1st place: Ms. Jolanta Grębowska from Primary School No. 4 in Białogard for her scenario titled "Knowing, Understanding, Acting for Biodiversity"
2nd place: Ms. Iwona Szczepanowska from the School Complex in Wrzosowo for her scenario titled "A Teaching Path: Exploring the Parsęta Valley"
3rd place: Ms. Małgorzata Krawczyk-Figlarz from the Primary School in Barwice for her scenario titled "In the Kingdom of Mushrooms or a Close Encounter with Biodiversity”
4th place: Ms. Agnieszka Wróbel-Bendarska from the Economic and Hotel School Complex in Kołobrzeg for her scenario titled "Plants Inhabiting the Water Environment”
Distinctions were awarded to:
- Ms. Beata Sumińska from the Primary School in Karścino for her scenario titled "We Need Each Other – Briefly about Biodiversity”
- Ms. Anita Gardzioła from the School Complex in Grzmiąca for her scenario titled "Birds around Us – Winter"
- Ms. Katarzyna Skrzypkowiak from the Primary School in Ustronie Morskie for her scenario titled "Acid Rains vs. Biodiversity”
- Ms. Elżbieta Niburska-Sitkiewicz from the School Complex in Grzmiąca for her scenario titled "Plants of Our Meadows”
- Ms. Lidia Piłkowska from the Primary School in Karlino for her scenario titled "Protect Biodiversity in the Parsęta Basin and More”
- Ms. Jolanta Tokarczuk from the Primary School in Wierzchowo for her scenario titled "Layer Structure of a Forest – Identifying Plants and Animals that Inhabit the Forest”
The Committee also selected scenarios from outside the prize-winning group that will be published in the best practice guide to be compiled as part of the project. These include:
- „"Threats and Chances for Nature. Based on a Four Seasons around a Linden Presentation” – a repetitive lesson preparing to the middle school entry exams (concepts and phenomena), a scenario written by Ms. Grażyna Ulikowska from the School Complex in Gościno
- „"In the World of Bees", a scenario written by Ms. Urszula Borek from the Primary School in Daszewo
- "Do Not Let Smoke Obstruct the Sun”, a scenario written by Ms. Agnieszka Różańska-Kasprzak from the Primary School in Daszewo.
- "Shells of Polish Beach Bivalvia”, a scenario written by Ms. Jolants Kałucka from the Economic and Hotel School Complex in Kołobrzeg.
The prizes granted in the contest:
- 1st place – a laptop
- 2nd place – a tablet
- 3rd place – a camera
- 4th place – a microscope
- The distinguished teachers received – tickets for 2 to the "Hortulus” Gardens in Dobrzyca
The prizes were presented during a conference held on 18 December 2015. All winners were advised of the detailed programme by telephone.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS!